Watercolour Painting by Christina Bonnett
Clock tower Clapham Common Tube, London, SW4
This is a high quality Giclée Print on Archival paper.
Available to order – the print is mounted only and supplied unframed
Post and Packing is extra
The Clock Tower was given to the Parish of Clapham by Alexander Glegg the Mayor of Wandsworth and has become a much-loved feature defining the the junction of Clapham High Street, Clapham Common South Side,The Pavement, Clapham Park Road and Venn Street as well as the transition from open common to high street shopping. It stands at the entrance to Clapham Common Tube serving as an easily identified meeting place for many.
Standing 31 feet high, the tower was unveiled on 19th July 1906. When the entrance to the Tube station was re-located in 1926, the clock tower was dismantled and rebuilt.